The use of Cannabidiol (CBD) oil is on the rise and for good reason. It’s been associated with alleviating several uncomfortable and painful symptoms related to a variety of medical issues. People from everyday adults to professional athletes are starting to incorporate CBD oil products into their training and fitness regimens in order to speed up recovery and even improve performance.
But is it safe for kids?
The short answer is, yes, hemp-derived CBD is safe for kids!
Cannabidiol, or CBD, is a cannabinoid found in hemp plants. With a decrease in the stigma and the amazing benefits that it can provide the mind and body, more clinical research continues to be done on CBD — its effects as well as its safety. Though thus far, the research has conclusively been positive and optimistic toward its benefits.
Research has shown CBD to have several benefits for both adults and children, including:
- Reducing chronic pain and inflammation
- Increasing mental clarity
- Alleviating anxiety
- Reducing the frequency and severity of seizures
- Protecting the brain
- Fighting cancer
- Alleviating nausea
- Lowering the risk of diabetes and cardiovascular disease
- Helping to maintain proper weight
- Managing appetite
- Treating sleep issues
Alongside this, CBD has been shown to help children with medical issues as well!
- Anxiety: Adults are not the only ones who can suffer from anxiety. More and more children are suffering from anxiety as well. In fact, as much as 5% of children between the ages of 3 to 17 years suffer from anxiety and depression, according to the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). While children have access to medication to help deal with their anxiety, they may also find the effects of CBD oil very beneficial. Studies have documented CBD oil as an effective treatment for anxiety and a much safer alternative to pharmaceutical medications. As such, CBD oil is becoming an increasingly popular treatment for anxiety for children, adolescents and adults!
- Nausea: Ongoing research shows that CBD help alleviates everyday nausea and bouts of nausea induced by seasonal or severe illnesses. Indeed, in a meta-analysis of 22 studies involving children and adolescents, researchers found evidence for CBD’s ability to mitigate chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting.
- Sleep Disorders: CBD oil has been documented as being helpful in treating sleep disorders. Between 50 to 70 million adults suffer from a sleep disorder, but these disorders can also afflict children, particularly when brought about by anxiety. Studies have shown that CBD oil can be highly effective at treating sleep disorders in children and help them get the rest they need.
- Seizures: Probably one of the best-known ailments that CBD oil has been shown to alleviate are seizure disorders. One of the first known cases where hemp oil was proven to work is with a little girl named, Charlotte Figi. Since then, the number of epileptic children who have benefited from CBD has grown and continues to grow with no negative effects being reported. In fact, children with some form of seizure-related disorder tend to suffer more side effects using traditional pharmaceutical medication than they do when using CBD oil.
- Autism: The relationship between CBD oil and alleviating some of the negative effects related to autism is a growing field of study though thus far the research shows that children with autism treated with CBD experience a net benefit in their symptoms. In one long-term study, an autistic child given CBD for 6 months reported a significant decrease in hyperactivity, lethargy, irritability and inappropriate speech. While the research is still growing, the results are optimistic for continued use for autistic children!
Want to know more about how CBD can help you or your child? Contact Greater Learning to go over CBD product options, to learn more and purchase your 100% hemp-based, child-friendly CBD oil for you and your family.